It’s a time of celebration, dear readers! This week (October 11th) heralds the one year anniversary of Fashionable Tinfoil Accessories. That’s 104 posts of analysis, complaining, mooning, and crazy conspiracy theories about culture high and low(and if that seems daunting, don’t worry – I have a list of every post on this blog sorted by subject matter). And what a year it’s been! This blog got nominated for the Liebster Award, was featured on WordPress’ Freshly Pressed spotlight, and received the nod of approval from actor and all around cool dude Shannon McCormick.
We’ve (the blog and I, because why not start affording it a dangerous amount of sentience now) also been blessed with an amazing and thoughtful readership. I’m thankful to each and every one of you: for agreeing, for disagreeing, for bringing cool suggestions and new information I might not’ve seen otherwise. I feel unbelievably lucky – here’s to another year and beyond!
So, how about some stats?
Top Five Most Read Posts
- Family Won’t Let You Fall – Frozen and Queer Storytelling
- They Fought Aliens and Fell in Love: Why Samurai Flamenco is Important
- Love and the Apocalypse: Asuka, Kaworu, and Gendered Expectations in Romance
- Shinji Ikari Must Die (But Not for the Reason You’re Probably Thinking)
- Do This, Not That (Dreamworks Edition): The Sequel Thing
Annual View Count
Most Readers by Country
- United States (by, like, a HUGE margin – is there something flamingly American about how I write? I’m honestly curious)
- United Kingdom
- Italy (hi, second home of Lupin III!)
Most Popular Search Terms
(Putting aside the ones my metrics don’t record)
“outlaw star hot springs” (I…assume this has to do with that one time I vaguely referenced that episode, despite not discussing it at all?)
“samurai flamenco gay” (And many version thereof – I’ll take that happily)